okwoodcraftdesign

Farm cottage

Downsizing and trying to do up a farm cottage, have one main kitchen/living/ dining area approx 25ft x 18ft, this also has a stairs out of it, front door & French doors at opposite end, finding it difficult to fit everything in, any advise please!!

Comments (2)

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    9 years ago
    We need pictures of the space so we can see to help you
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    9 years ago
    Sounds like a job for a handy concept planner !! ( like me !)

Start with storage - in order to know what's needed and where - look at what you need to store ie coats/boots/hats/ from front entrance - kitchen equipment and implements etc in kitchen area , book, music, films etc ...

Then look at adaptable things like fold down tables or coffee tables that raise up to be dining tables and folding dining chairs or bar stools that lower into dining chairs - which best suits the way you want to live/entertain guests ...
    How many bottoms need to sit on a sofa ? Do you have pets ?

Then look at if you can expand outside that space . Can you add additional seating / eating space under a glass verandah outside ?
    Can you add a porch for coats and wellies etc ? Can you go up ? ie a mezzanine area for extra storage ?

Then sort out stuff you have into - can't live without it -
    could modify to fit -
    could donate /sell -
    will donate/sell -
    needs to go to the dump !

... That's a good start !! Over to you !
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.