abbe3

Grout color for bathroom floor and shower

abbe3
11 years ago
We are renovating our powder room and have added a small shower (approx. 3' X 3'). The bathroom tile is porcelain to look like travertine, 12 X 12 on the bathroom floor, 12 X 24 vertical tile on the shower walls, and 2 X 2 mosaic tile on the shower floors. There is a 12" wide, floor to ceiling vertical strip of Sonoma Vihara Karuna 1/2 X 1 1/4 iridescent glass tile on the facing shower wall with a brown glass pencil. http://www.sonomatilemakers.com/ConceptBoardDetail.aspx?prod-line-id=13&page-id=5&concept-board-id=211. (NOTE: image is to show the glass tile only. The pencil and tan tile are not the tile we are using.)

I'm torn between what color grout to use. I like the look of a lighter grout to match the color of the Cross-Cut travertine. The bathroom is very small, and I think keeping the floor tile and grout the same color will give the illusion of a larger area. However, this bathroom will get a lot of use, and will often be the first stop for those coming in from outside with dirty shoes! I'm concerned that light grout on the bathroom floor will get very dirty.

A grout with a hint of brown is very pretty and nicely defines the 12 X 24 tiles in the shower, but is a bit much on the mosaic shower floor. The shower already has quite a bit going on, and I'm concerned that the browner tile will make the mosaic floor more obvious than I'd like it to be.

The glass tile sample board uses a lighter grout. I'm not sure how the browner tile will influence the color in the glass tile.

HELP!

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.