emmelinewe

POLL: Favourite London landmark?

Emmeline Westin
9 years ago
The Houzz UK office has a very convenient location, right on the South Bank, with views over St. Paul's cathedral, London Eye, the Shard and Millennium Bridge (depending on where you stand, of course!). For a team that loves architecture and design, it's amazing.

Which London landmark do you love the most?
The Gherkin
St Paul's cathedral
Tower Bridge
London Eye
Big Ben and Parliament
The Shard
Other - tell us!

Comments (31)

• alant1000
    9 years ago
    I'm a fan of brutalist architecture so my favorites are the Barbican centre and royal festival hall, not necessarily 'landmarks' as such I guess!
  • soozmacrae
    9 years ago
    The gherkin is beautiful.
  • Monique Barrow
    9 years ago
    Actually, I have two: the Tower Bridge and the Big Ben
  • Emmeline Westin
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I voted St Paul's, but then I walked past the Gherkin the other day and it's a strong contender! Has anyone seen the poppy installation at the Tower of London yet?
  • PRO
    Kopp Interiors
    9 years ago
    I absolutely LOVE the Albert Bridge, especially when it's dark and you can enjoy the way it is lit up!
  • Ffion Francis
    9 years ago
    Wow this is a tough one! My vote goes to tower bridge as it brings back very fond memories of living next to it in Shad Thames, every evening when I walked past it all lit up it made me smile and realise how lucky I was to live in such an amazing city! The Shard comes a close second...I think it's such an impressive and beautiful modern architectural design!
  • mwmb
    9 years ago
    The south side view of Charing Cross Station with the new'ish' Hungerford foot bridge.
  • PRO
    Wallboss
    9 years ago
    Love Tower Bridge at night
  • PRO
    Wallpapered
    9 years ago
    As we are just a stone's throw from the Houzz office over in Westminster, it's a close call but we would have to go with Big Ben, especially seeing it lit up at night!
  • Average Jo
    9 years ago
    This is an impossible question! Can I refine the search criteria? ... favourite ceiling (Banqueting House), favourite view (the Oxo Tower), favourite contents (British Museum), favourite gardens (Hampton Court), favourite structure (Tower Bridge), favourite interior (House of Lords), favourite visit (Tate Modern)... On second thoughts, maybe I'll just say "Fortnum & Mason" and leave it at that :-)
  • Gemma Smith
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    There's this scene in Mary Poppins when they're climbing the smoke stair case (as you do!) and you get a wide view of the city with St Paul's at the centre. Every time I watch it, I'm reminded of why I choose to live in this beautiful and magical city. So yeah, St Paul's for me. But a beautiful city skyline is never just about one building, is it? But how they all go together. London, You are perfect!
  • User
    9 years ago
    It's the Houses of Parliament through and through for me!
  • dkvhaus
    9 years ago
    Piccadilly Horse Fountain
  • PRO
    Fine House Photography
    9 years ago
    It's got to be London Eye! Top location, design, views and the fact it entertains so many people time after time.
  • PRO
    Kaya Design
    8 years ago

big ben perfect

• PRO
    Keep Interior Design
    8 years ago

A classic!

• PRO
    WJBurrell Ltd
    8 years ago

The Gherkin

• PRO
    Takero Shimazaki Architects
    8 years ago

Tower Bridge!

• PRO
    Turner Architects Ltd.
    8 years ago

St Paul's iconic

• PRO
    Global Supreme Services
    8 years ago

London Eye is one of the icon of architecture in the world, I love it.

• Ocean Clarke
    8 years ago

Such a great selection of the city's most beloved landmarks but for me, London's bridges well never fail to amaze me. Albert Bridge has got to be my favourite but Tower Bridge most definitely is a strong contender!

• PRO
  • PRO
    Seamans Building
    8 years ago

St Paul's Cathederal

• PRO
    Q Architects
    8 years ago

Very good building.

• PRO
    Harris Irwin Associates
    8 years ago

St Paul's Cathedral

• PRO
    ACP Architects
    8 years ago

Iconic building

• PRO
    Appletons
    8 years ago

Tower Bridge such a beautiful, iconic structure.

• PRO
    Owen Cowe
    8 years ago

Iconic

• PRO
    Kensington & Chelsea Property Maintenance
    8 years ago

We voted Tower Bridge

• PRO
    KIND Interiors & Exteriors
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

The royal residences - Buckingham and Kensington palaces.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.