maiteoz

"Monster house" renovation

maiteoz
9 years ago
A few years ago, my partner and I bought a place that scared most people off (some of our friends suggested we get an exorcist to cleanse it :-) ). Most windows were broken, it had graffitis and holes punched in every wall and every doors, evidence that previous owners carried out dodgy activities, etc. What we saw was a big, structurally-sound house across the road from a beautiful park in a beautiful suburb of the Adelaide Hills. We still have a way to go but how's the transformation so far? ;-)

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Kent Halex Architecture
    9 years ago
    Seems you guys have really brought the space a long way. Fridge looks a little lonely at the end of the counter. What's that big black box beside it, a second fridge? Love the sliding barn door, great character feature. The rich coloured floors are a nice touch too. Now the walls are saying "Put art on me!!" Nice job guys.
    maiteoz thanked Kent Halex Architecture
  • maiteoz
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    It is a sliding door painted with chalkboard paint next to the fridge but it gives that illusion that it is just a painted rectangle on the wall. I have some artwork and shelves ready to go on these bare walls too! Thanks so much for the feedback!
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    9 years ago
    Great overall renovation while keeping the characters of the house.
    maiteoz thanked Dytecture
  • User
    9 years ago
    It's looking good!
    maiteoz thanked User
  • PRO
    Greater Toronto Contractors
    9 years ago
    What a beautiful transformation
    maiteoz thanked Greater Toronto Contractors
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.