gillers01

Our asymmetrical laundry chute cupboard

gillers01
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Hi. I am trying to get a laundry chute into the top right corner and the idea was to have a closed cupboard that can hold all dirty clothes waiting to be washed. I wanted it so that dirty clothes will be hidden in it. The problem is that the images looks very asymmetrical and its the best that my kitchen designer can come up with. The builder says we will look at it closer to the time. I think its the window that is the problem really. Would anyone have any idea how we can make that space look better?

Comments (9)

• gillers01
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Heres a second image
  • PRO
    PPF.
    9 years ago
    The entire space looks odd. Could you post a floor plan? Are those cabinets to the left? Is there a dead space in the corner left of the washer and dryer?
    gillers01 thanked PPF.
  • gillers01
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    i agree! yes those are doors to hotpress on the left so there will be dead space. Will attach those floor plans now shortly. Its definitely odd and its not sitting right with me. We are confined to a tiny space for laundry and that laundry chute on the right top corner (not pictured) is not movable to any other point. Its also supposed to be pictured as being atttatched to the ceiling above so the clothes are concealed. Its an old protected house so the window had to stay making it look very asymmetrical. Thanks for any further input! The problem is that we've already ordered the doors etc so theres no going back. Any ideas on what someone would have done had they the opportunity from scratch would be also well received! (we have loads of storage in a separate utility so this laundry is purely for clothes) Thanks in advance folks!
  • gillers01
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    After much messing around.....please disregard first image-have rotated subsequent ones!
  • gillers01
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Are those images any good? Please let me know and I'll give it another bash tomorrow if figures are indecipherable
  • PRO
    sstarr93
    9 years ago
    Yes, your plan is clear and understandable. However, I don't think it's a good design. You might benefit by pursuing a redesign of this space. That little upper cabinet is clearly something you will regret. Also, the placement of the machines is strange to me, as ir results in the dead corner space. Altogether, I would suggest a rethink.
    gillers01 thanked sstarr93
  • PRO
    PPF.
    9 years ago
    >>>> yes those are doors to hotpress on the left

Could you describe what a hotpress is? I googled, but did not find anything related to laundry.
  • gillers01
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    I can't pursue a redesign. It's all been paid for. My wife sat down with two different professional designers and looked at the possibilities. It's crap isn't it? So annoyed. It was such an afterthought and I had no time/energy at the time to get involved. I will again say though that the builder says he'll be able to build a chute receptacle closer to the time so maybe it won't look as strange as the one in the picture. If any genius here on Houzz wants to give a go at redesigning the space that would be great! I don't mind omitting ordered fixtures but definitely can't add extra. The sink isn't moveable either. Irritated with wife too!
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.