stormyrunner

To paint the woodwork or not?

stormyrunner
9 years ago
Dear Houzzers, I'm stumped & need your design experience. We bought this house which was built in the early 80s & is still lost there.
I've selected SW Blonde for kitchen & family room color but do I use this color up to the ceiling, covering this wood and make it disappear or wax the wood and make it part of the design. The floor is Saltillo tile. I'm also unsure what to do with this river rock fireplace other than put a reclaimed beam as a mantle up. Do I take down the stone & reface & if so, with what material? And one more important question, in the kitchen, you can see the soffit...I won't know til next week when we get the house whether it has electric hiding there...but if it does, do I paint that also to make it disappear? We're doing a lot of this ourselves, on a budget of course, and I want to spend my money on appliances & countertops & perhaps refacing cabinets....they're solid wood, ugly but solid!!! Desperately seeking suggestions for this first time poster...

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.