tracker4

Need help with selecting granite ASAP!!

tracker4
9 years ago
I have dark walnut shaker cabinets but I like the grey brown darker granite (photo 2). Do you always have to contrast countertop? Here's the two options I need to select from within 24hrs...Help. Both options suit the rest of the home and I have a lot of natural light.

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Designs by Cori Ann, LLC
    9 years ago
    Your floor is a good contrast. You can place light colored accessories like canisters for flour, sugar... on the counter to contrast it and pick up the color of the floor. I do only see 1 option in your pics for the granite.
  • tracker4
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    thanks Cori Ann, here's the second picture for granite
  • tracker4
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    What would you suggest for a simple backsplash?
  • PRO
    Cure Design Group
    9 years ago
    I think it depends on what look you are going for...option 1 is a darker more sophisticated classic look while option two is a lighter, airier option...both are ok options, do you have a problem with finger prints showing etc...darker granite will show this more than the lighter option, are you going to do a backsplash?
    tracker4 thanked Cure Design Group
  • tracker4
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Both do work, but I am struggling with the selection. My house is open concept. Here's another photo of the adjoining living room. Which would you select? I would like a simple backsplash. What color/style do you recommend?
  • PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    9 years ago
    Your floor is the "light contrast" and you should go with the granite that you like. I think it will be streamlined and very beautiful. You have plenty of light and the light floors will do the work of a "contrasting" counter top. Work with a lighter back splash and you should be fine!
    tracker4 thanked Cancork Floor Inc.
  • PRO
    Ryan McCoy
    7 years ago

You do not always have to contrast your cabinets and countertops. As you said, you have a lot of natural light, and the color of your floor is very helpful. Even with the light, the 1st choice is definitely going to make it a darker kitchen. But that isn't neccessarily a bad thing! It looks like this piece would go well in your home!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.