webuser_71660

small kitchen layout design - can this work?

3 months ago

Hi,

decided on the kitchen layout that would work better with our room (following on from another post re knocking through the big window wall to put bifolds in) and wondered if there are any suggestions to get clever storage into here without compromising the overall layout/shape? and any tips for the layout as I don't think we could squeeze a washing machine in it now so that would go to the outbuilding along with the tumble dryer (which is already in there). It's a 1-2 bed flat by the way, but I do a lot of baking so need worktop space.

Pics of the messy kitchen is what is currently there. The tall unit at the back with the wine rack houses the boiler which is a pain as not sure what appliances we can fit under (ie can't put the oven housing there)

I've attached proposed layout belwith a 1.8m peninsular which could have pan drawers under for cooking, 400 pull out for a bin and a 600 fridge under. and seat 3 stools.

I also thought about having some shallow 300/400 units to the right of the bi-folds which could be a drinks station for our coffee machine and cups etc. not sure if a deeper one would get in the way?

I've got quite high ceilings and also have space above where the bifolds would be if I ever needed it.

I may have the move the oven to the right side as the boiler is on the left so it means I can't have a full F/F but could have two undercounter ones. (We have a spare tall freezer in the dining room) Under the sink would be a 600 dishwasher and then pull outs for food storage. Thinking also food storage mainly on that slimline unit to the right of the bi-folds?

I've left 900-1m between the peninsular and back units and there is a bigger space where the stools will go.

Anything obvious I've missed? Would it be worth having a narrow run of worktop to the right of the hob (ie left side) that would squeeze a kettle on? Worktop space is the main issue as I need to fit in things like the microwave (could go on a wall I guess) , air fryer, blender (when we get it out), toaster.

Argh.

Comments (12)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.