edubya

POLL: Home Basketball Courts? Pick your fav!

Emily H
10 years ago
In the spirit of March Madness, I went searching for home basketball courts. There are some great ones out there. Which one is your favorite?

VOTE and tell us about it in the comments!

Comments (17)

• User
    10 years ago
    Oh geez! I picked the outdoors in Vancouver because I can't imagine spending that kind of money or what the outside of the house would look like after accommodating one of those monstrosities.
    Emily H thanked User
  • PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    10 years ago
    I designed a cottage for an owner of a professional basketball team and his half court in the back yard looked similar to Vancouver's but with the team's mascot's image in the corner.
    Emily H thanked Mark Bischak, Architect
  • Emily H
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I would LOVE to have a home court someday. It's totally on my "if I ever win the lotto" list.
  • User
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    What do you do with an enormous indoor court when the kids either lose interest or grow up and move away? I guess you could have your buddies over for a weekly game and a few beers. Definitely one of those things that fall under the "only if you have more money than you know what to do with" category.
    Emily H thanked User
  • User
    10 years ago
    Big boys will have their toys!
  • PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    10 years ago
    I played basketball in high school. I had a lot of fun and we won ALOT. When it came to college I had to choose between basketball and architecture. Having my own (half) court would be like a musician having a their own grand piano.
  • terriveganmom
    10 years ago
    That outdoor court would be a pleasure to play on, even for adults.
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    10 years ago
    I let my basketball star choose; as a player, he had an interesting critique for many of the courts which he's certain were designed for aesthetics rather than practice regulation play. Still, he enjoyed dreaming of a home court that isn't in the driveway or on XBoxLive.
  • User
    10 years ago
    Which did he choose?
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    10 years ago
    Despite the fact that it's not full court and is a bit tight behind the free throw line, he chose Chicago half court. Having a three point line and room to arc the ball is most important for him, as the three point shot is what he's legendary for.

For me, I looked first for padding behind the hoop. He started this winter's basketball season just having recovered from a football concussion, and in his first game he went up for a layup as the defenders collided with him; he lost his footing coming back down and went head first backwards into the wall. (He did make the shot, though.) Not a fun trip to the ED, with an obviously broken arm and him slumping in his seat saying things looked blurry and yellow. Thankfully, his head checked out okay -- his blood pressure had dropped. He just got the go ahead to play AAU this spring. More importantly to him, he hasn't lost his shot.
  • User
    9 years ago
    Chicago half-court for a half court. Telluride for a full court.
  • PRO
    CBA Sports
    9 years ago
    Sport Court is the number one product for indoor/outdoor sports courts. Check out our page to view photos of our amazing creations!
  • Momof5x
    9 years ago
    I voted outdoor just for the reason it being outdoor, but I would have left the ground normal. Some of the others have a lot of distractions and possible obstructions on the ceiling, the best ones on the indoors would be the Dallas Home Court, but each person has his or her own taste.
  • PRO
    Extremely Stoked Properties, llc
    9 years ago
    Love the Vancouver outdoor and Dallas indoor the best
  • PRO
    Atlas Custom Cabinets Ltd
    9 years ago
    I'd have to say neither. A table tennis room would be nice though
  • bungalowmo
    9 years ago
    I'd have none of them. At 5'0", how often would I use it? I'd take the $$ & pay off my house & get my little 1983 Mercedes SL.
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.