sddaly

Need help for kitchen/living/dining area

sddaly
10 years ago
Hi everyone,

Hoping that you can help. My Kitchen/living/dining area is square and quite brown. I want to add colour, bring more light in and make the most of the space. Ian have some ideas from browsing the photo gallery on houzz, but would really appreciate your ideas before I proceed.

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    10 years ago
    I would add dramatic overhead light... pendant, or fair-size chandelier(casual style). Make sure you have under-cabinet lighting as well, and in those glass cabinets.. Put articles of interest on top of the cabinets... add COLOR there... Put a focal piece of art above window, then a simple valance.... nice space, well defined.
  • PRO
    GC Quality Services Corp.
    10 years ago
    could you get more of the same cabinet satin crown molding? if you continue the crown molding and add a balance over the window, that will make look your kitchen more bigger and the wood will flow better. under that balance you can have an spot light lighting the sink.
    maybe a glass and travertine backsplash, if you add some undercabinets lights, thoses will make shine the glass on the backsplash
  • PRO
    sstarr93
    10 years ago
    If it were my kitchen, I would remove the two upper cabinets on either side of the kitchen window, as that is a dated look.
    I would also remove the crown moulding from the tops of the cabinets.
    You already have light walls and a light floor; don't add more dark details, and don't remove light by covering windows.
  • sddaly
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Oh wow! Thanks everyone... So so much... I would never have seen some of the things that you have pinpointed.

I have already got the cabinet and under cabinet lighting, it was turned off when I took the earlier shots. I totally get the suggestion to remove the cabinets etc near the window but would prefer not too just yet... I am back pocketing that for next year! I will add some items on top of the cabinets, and the artwork that you suggested too in the meantime.

The window seat I had in mind was for the living room area, instead of the two seater. Would that look better than the two piece, with colourful cushions, and if so should I add a built I cabinet for the tv (right beside it) in the same painted wood colour as the window seat? Also should I put curtains either side of the window seat if I opt to go with that, or stick just with colourful roman blinds?

I will look into fixtures for lights and have already started the fabric hunt for curtains/roman blinds/ cushions etc.

Also, what colour would you recommend to accessorise the room with?
  • sddaly
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Oh wow! Thanks everyone... So so much... I would never have seen some of the things that you have pinpointed.

I have already got the cabinet and under cabinet lighting, it was turned off when I took the earlier shots. I totally get the suggestion to remove the cabinets etc near the window but would prefer not too just yet... I am back pocketing that for next year! I will add some items on top of the cabinets, and the artwork that you suggested too in the meantime.

The window seat I had in mind was for the living room area, instead of the two seater. Would that look better than the two piece, with colourful cushions, and if so should I add a built I cabinet for the tv (right beside it) in the same painted wood colour as the window seat? Also should I put curtains either side of the window seat if I opt to go with that, or stick just with colourful roman blinds?

I will look into fixtures for lights and have already started the fabric hunt for curtains/roman blinds/ cushions etc.

• sddaly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

• PRO
    Galilee Lighting
    10 years ago
    The space is modern and beautiful! a touch of color will definitely add a lot to the space. here are some ideas for chandeliers and wall art from our collection.
    for more styles you can visit www.GALILEELIGHTING.com
    to receive our detailed catalog by email contact us Sales@GalileeLighting.com
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.