houseaholic

Recommenations for the best vinyl siding?

houseaholic
10 years ago
We want a cedar shake look, but low maintence; have heard good reports on Hardie Board, but it is cost prohibitive & Certainteed has ash composite. This will be a part time summer home, on the Great Lakes-- then most of the year after retirement. Your help is appreciated!

Comments (2)

• ddmphs
    10 years ago
    I went with Sear Home Improvement. Their siding products carry a lifetime warranty and if you ever sell the property , the warranty transfers to a 30 year warranty for the new home owner. Many of the smaller companies have gone out of business . I had one issue with replacing siding trim when I replaced a door frame following purchasing a new front door. It was a no hassle experience when I called the Sears Home Improvement Dept. for service. . Also bought my windows there. Happy with it all.
    houseaholic thanked ddmphs
  • PRO
    L Decor Nanaimo
    10 years ago
    Good advise, thanks for sharing
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.