valmk

Ral white for north facing bathroom?

valmk
24 days ago

I’ve decided on white for my bathroom as the best (easiest!) complement to the tiles I have chosen, ceramic, matt
‘Calcatta’ . My bathroom fitter uses a painter who will spray the vanity unit, bath panel, built in cupboard and door. Seems he uses Ral colours but I’ve read that the white Ral 9010 is creamy which is not what I’m after. Do any of the Ral whites look ok in a north facing room? Or should I persist in choosing one from the well known brands, F and B, Little Green etc ?

Comments (8)

• Jonathan
    24 days ago

I don’t like an overload of white or blue in a bathroom- I think in the pursuit of it looking clean it can become cold and clinical. I prefer a colour.

And if any room is north facing it just means you will rely more on electric light so you don’t have to worry about not being able to see but an all white
    Bathroom can look cheap and dingy. The solution is more contrast.

I think that you need a sample to test against the tiles because real Marble can be anywhere from cream to grey so will be the case for the tiles. But since you will be looking at samples are there any other colours in the tiles to draw inspiration from?

• valmk
    Original Author
    24 days ago

Thank you. The veining in the tiles have an almost pinky/ purply hue and I’ve been looking at colours such Little Green Rubine ashes, Gauze and Down, F and B Wevet. The cupboard is rather large so I’m wary about a big block of colour and also a bit scared of committing a colour to my rather expensive vanity unit. The style is traditional. I was hoping to find a white for the woodwork and a gentle colour for the walls.

• Jo Bloggs
    24 days ago

RAL 9016 is a "whiter" white

• valmk
    Original Author
    24 days ago

Thank you. I’ll look at that.

• valmk
    Original Author
    24 days ago

This is the style I’m trying to emulate- but on a budget! Hope it’s ok to post a designer’s photos.

• Jonathan
    24 days ago

So instead of white you are actually looking at taupes and delicate greys

• Isla Cherry
    23 days ago

Wevet F&B is a lovely colour. I used it in my entrance hall at our previous property and it is white with a faint grey undertone very similar to your second pic behind the loo.

• valmk
    Original Author
    23 days ago

Thank you both. Took daughter and tiles to decorator centre, looked at paint boards, delicate greys looked good and wevet was one we included. I’ll discount the Ral whites. I know exactly what you mean by dingy whites having made that mistake before. Thanks all.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.