ggscottscott

Wall colours in a white gloss kitchen

G S
last month
last modified: last month

Bought a house recently that has quite a bland white gloss kitchen with wood effect laminate worktop. The long-term goal is to replace it but in the short-term I want to refresh the space by painting the walls. I'm unsure what colour to paint it. I'm a fan of dark colours in living rooms and bedroom, and am easily drawn to them on a colour chart. The same cannot be said for lighter shades which is a challenge as I feel that I should keep this space much lighter. I want to keep the ceiling white as to 'hide' the spotlights (I feel any other colour would cause them to stand out). Do I paint one colour on all walls? Use a combination of two maybe?

The space functions as an open plan living space day-to-day with kitchen, dining area and a sofa.

Comments (24)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.