webuser_926236107

Bathroom conundrum

I have a bathroom issue with a bit of brain fog on my side.
As you can see its in a lovely shade of pink at present on a step to the bath. The step needs to stay due to the waste pipe being high. I was thinking maybe a freestanding bath and tap with hanging lights or plants but not sure if the space allows for that to look good. I also have an issue with the chimney breast I cannot remove but was thinking somehow make it a feature but not sure how to any advice is welcome thank you

Comments (4)

• minnie101
    last month

I think a freestanding bath on a plint can look lovely. Sadly I’m not sure you have the room for this bath and shower combo. What are the dimensions of the plinth? Are you wanting a shower? I’m struggling to find images atm but if you want a shower I might go for a built in bath with niche for toiletries

I would also think about cleaning the awkward corners with freestanding

• Home Renovations
    Original Author
    last month

I love the idea but the space won't be there for it I'm afraid will be a bath only. The cleaning aspect I didn't even think of thanks for that

• minnie101
    last month

Well you could go for a back to the wall bath like this? if you choose one that tapers at the bottom cleaning should be ok. If you removed your little storage thing (choosing a vanity with storage instead), could you extend the plinth slightly to allow for shelves behind the bath to which you could add wall lights and maybe strip lights under the shelves

• Home Renovations
    Original Author
    last month

I love the look here and the plinth can be extended a bit to accommodate that... I have a void space behind where the sink and toilet is where I'm going to try put a recessed vanity mirror for a cleaner look. The chimney is a headache for me also

Thanks for the advice

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.