webuser_857233681

cleaning splattered paint off cast iron fireplace

Paul
last month

hi! any tips for cleaning this splattered white paint? im trying with a wet cloth but its hard going. think it has been polished because keep getting black residue

on the cloth too

Comments (5)

• Kim
    last month

The Pink Stuff paste is very good at getting rid of paint spots - I've used on a fridge and laminate floor - just don't rub too hard.

Paul thanked Kim
  • Sonia
    last month

How about a scouring pad, the ones that are a sponge one side and a green scouring pad on the other? It may be too harsh so start very gently. Or if you have strong nails you could try scraping it with your nail.

Paul thanked Sonia
  • Paul
    Original Author
    last month

my nails dont cut it, but ill try out both these suggestions thanks !

• Jonathan
    last month

Visit your local fireplace centre to buy polish and seek their advice. I think they will suggest a quick clean with wire wool and then when the paint is removed another going over with polish and wire wool.

Don’t forget to wear protective equipment and vacuum thoroughly afterwards

• Paul
    Original Author
    last month

i tried the pink paste - it got some of the paint off but took some of the polish with it. So I'm going to follow your advice Jonathan and ask at my local fireplace shop! thanks all

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.