webuser_408605422

loft conversion - east facing, velux?

HU-408605422
2 months ago

Our terraced house is east facing and trying to decide whether to have two or three velux windows on the front. Would this get too hot? Any advice please?

Comments (2)

• Isla Cherry
    2 months ago

Having recently moved into a hotbox with too many west facing windows and doors I would study this subject carefully. You need to look at solar gain as velux bring in a lot more light than a regular window. A pic of the elevation where you are planning the windows would help with advice. East is morning sun. It depends on the purpose of the room.

• Anna G
    2 months ago

Velux offer a variety of internal and external blinds and shutters. Might be worth looking at those so they could be installed with the windows. As Isla says, veluxes bring in a lot of light so can be smaller than a window. Unless you need a less popular window shape, two will be cheaper than three with the same area of glass (slightly taller than wide is the popular shape, I've one of these that was hundreds cheaper than the smaller wide-not-tall one I needed to allow for wardrobes in the eaves below).

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.