indecisived

Front porch rebuild, confused re powder room door placement

indecisived
2 months ago

We're having our 1960s detached 3 bed extended into the integrated garage to give us an office and tiny utility. We've had some plans drawn up provisionally and a few issues have been thrown up.
The biggest being that due to ceiling height and insulation, we need to raise the flat porch roof and replace the uPVC porch in brick. So already the project has doubled in cost.
Anyway the next sticking point is the downstairs toilet access. We currently have a naff folding click-clack plastic door in the porch/under stairs area for when privacy in the toilet is needed (we never shut this!) So we want a stud wall up between the loo and porch and a door putting on the under stairs area, adjacent to the porch door. Apparently this would prove difficult/impossible with ceiling height/step/stairs.
I'll attach pictures of current situation, and our plan so far. Ideally the loo wouldn't be in the freezing porch. We're trying to make the best of a smallish house with 2 kids, but we're determined to make it work!

Comments (8)

• indecisived
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Existing plan (proposed is a typo!)

• indecisived
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Proposed plan, with loo door in the wrong place within porch

• indecisived
    Original Author
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

W

• indecisived
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Porch from inside

• indecisived
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Doors to porch closed

• indecisived
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Click clack door

• indecisived
    Original Author
    2 months ago

More to come when I'm not nap trapped

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.