webuser_51440426

Installation of shower riser panel question + decorating around it

Matt P
6 months ago

Hi

As per the title, I'm carrying out some DIY work and am looking for some advice about adding a riser panel and decorating in the bathroom. Any advice on the questions below would be much appreciated!

1. I'm sure the riser panel needs to be fit flush to the shower tray, is this right?

2. If it should be flush, there will be a fairly big gap between the bathroom tile and the panel, what would be best to fill this gap with? I'm worried about it looking untidy and incomplete if it is left just with the panel flush to the shower tray and a gap to the floor tile.

3. How do you attach the riser panel to the riser legs?

4. What would you recommend to cover the side of the false wall in the last picture before being able to paint white?

Thanks for any advice, sorry if these are obvious questions!
Thanks,

Matt

Comments (3)

• Sonia
    6 months ago

Lots of questions there, but I would have fitted the shower tray completely first and then tiled, so the tiles sit on the shower tray. You would then seal it with mastic sealant where the tiles touch the tray. The tray looks very high up so you have quite a step up and down?

Matt P thanked Sonia
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.