webuser_221702648

Ideas for a whole house cohesive paint/walls scheme?

Em
8 months ago

Hi everyone, I am here looking for some inspiration for the design of our bungalow remodel in Edinburgh, Scotland please! All thoughts very welcome thank you.

It is a single storey house down by a river, so lots of lovely trees seen out of the windows but low light levels as it is in a valley. Pic of new floor plan attached, with the front door and garden view marked up. From the front door, you'll see a long hallway ahead of you with four bedrooms off to the left. Immediately right on entry to the house is the view straight across the open-plan living area/kitchen to the garden. If you turn right you go into the living room. Beyond this is the kitchen and a dining nook with lomg picture window. The bathroom is opposite bedroom 4. There's a cloakroom and store cupboard in the hallway.

It's going to be an open plan space with a view all the way from the front door the full diagonal width of the house to the garden. We're thinking of going for Karndean vinyl tile in blond oak, laid in a herringbone pattern throughout (see my other post!). We'll have underfloor heating so carpet not ideal. https://www.karndean.com/en/floors/products/blond-oak-parquet-ap01/

I'd love a cohesive paint scheme throughout the house, so that rooms feel like they flow into each other. Toning colours, with glass, wood and wicker natural textures as the accessories. I'm loving the Slat-Lite style acoustic wood wall panels look. Also wallpaper, botanical and nature themes. Not necessarily all light colours - I'm not afraid of dark ones too. Little Green slaked lime/Farrow and Ball on a cheaper budget though!

Here's the current house pics if it helps.

Current view from front door down entrance hall:

Current view immediate right of entry with half of the eventual diagonal full view to the garden:

Current view of main central hall:

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.