nezhdet_yashar

Kitche Worktops

Can someone recommend me which kitchen worktop supplier for oak worktop shall I go for?

Can someone share his/her experience with me.

I heard that House fo Worktops were a pretty good supplier for kitchen worktops in particularly for Oak Worktops. Besides they are also claiming that they offer 2-man delivery service for England?

I am intending to start my renovation around July, so I would be thrilled if someone will be able to help me with this topic.

Comments (9)

• Daisy England
    last year

Do you mean laminate oak worktops or solid oak worktops?

Have never heard of who you are suggesting but Worktop Express also offer a 2 man delivery. We deal with them under a different name as we are trade.

• Sonia
    last year

I have an oak worktop and it came from Wrens, along with the kitchen units. My builder cut it to size, finished it and fitted it. Don’t most kitchen suppliers sell oak worktops?

• Nezhdet Yashar
    Original Author
    last year

I would like to go for solid oak worktop actually, but can someone tell me what is the difference between the butcher block style oak worktop and full stave oak worktop, besides what is the maintenance aspect of the wooden worktop?

• Sonia
    last year

Wooden worktops need oiling every few months. The more often the better. They mark easily so I use wooden chopping boards to protect mine. They don’t fare well around a sink and will get water marks.

• Nezhdet Yashar
    Original Author
    last year

thanks a lot what oil would you recommend then?

• Daisy England
    last year

Full stave worktops require significantly bigger blocks of wood to start with, albeit they are constructed in a similar way to butcher block worktops, simply using pieces of wood on a much bigger scale. Most typically a full stave worktop will be made up of blocks that are 40 to 50mm wide and will run the full length of the worktop. Full stave solid wood worktops are effectively a half way house between butcher block worktops and wide plank worktops which are made from one single piece of wood.

Therefore butcher block will work out cheaper. Maintenance is high.

• Sonia
    last year

I use Osmo Top Oil on mine. I usually treat it in the evening before bed and it’s dry in the morning. It’s a bit of a faff but not hugely so.

• Nezhdet Yashar
    Original Author
    last year

how can we remove the raised grain once the oil has soaked into the wood?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.