caldicotkitchens

Sleek & Slim - A Narrow Bathroom Doesn't Have To Be Boring

We are often approached by clients with relatively compact bathrooms, desperate to avoid them feeling claustrophobic & enclosed. So here is a previous project, with some of the tips & tricks to give the illusion of far more space:

• A lighter floor and slightly darker wall tiles help add light and give the illusion of a larger space.
  • Optiong for a "wetroom" rather than conventional shower tray means that the floor tiles run full width without any breaks, again keeping sight lines clean
  • The wall mounted vanity also helps keep everything crisp and open
  • Minimalist glass shower panels with hardly any chrome fittings keep everything clean and seamless
  • A carefully selected, lit mirror with see-through glass frame adds to the feeling of width and light
  • Crisp, clean lines on furniture (by Miller of Sweden) and a thin walled basic complete the tidy look
  • A digital shower with offset controls, ceiling mounted rose and concealed fitting keeps everything uncluttered - and allows the shower to be turned on & get to temperature without that freezing blast of water! Bliss...

Do let us know what you think of the completed result - and feel free to add other handy tips on how to make the best of a small bathroom!

Caldicot Kitchens

Contemporary Grey Shower Room · More Info

Comments (4)

• User
    last year

You could have almost just described my bathroom, which I designed myself 😊

• PRO
    Caldicot Kitchen & Bathroom Centre
    Original Author
    last year

Great minds, and all that!

• Simon Seward
    5 months ago

Hi how wide is this shower? Does it block part of the door way? My bathroom is same shape, I would love to have something like this but width of room is only 1.5 m.

• PRO
    Caldicot Kitchen & Bathroom Centre
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Hi Simon, the room was only 1.375m wide, and 3.3m long. Fortunately the door was fairly narrow at 0.71mm wide (include slim architrave), so the screem was set at .665 off the wall. While narrower than some might like (we generally try not to go below 0.7 to 0.75, with everything being low profile and now nasty protrusions anywhere (digital shower, ceiling rose etc) and with a generous length of 1.7m, it actually felt remarkably spacious. You could achieve similar in a room that wasn't as long - there was ample length even for a longer unit.

On that basis, and door size/position basis, your 1.5m should be ample.

Best regards,

Caldicot Kitchens.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.