mark_bodega

Static Caravan Insurance

last year

Hi,

We've just started a renovation which will see us moving out of the house for approx 4-5 months and living on site in a static caravan.

I've just started to look for caravan insurance and all the brokers say they don't insure vans that are not on a caravan site.

Has anyone found an insurance broker they would recommend please? Our buildings and contents insurer (AXA) have also said no! Any advice also gratefully received.

Thank you Mark

Comments (3)

• last year

It might be worth subscribing to a FB caravan forum. I’m on a couple as l have a static and insurance is a regular question on there. Most people are on an authorised site but I’m sure some have been in similar situations to you. I have swapped companies over the years to get the best value.

• last year

Apologies for not responding sooner Daisy - I thought I had!. Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately though it appears that we won't be able to get temporary insurance.

• last year

That’s strange. At the top of the lane where our caravan is sited there is a static which people have lived in for the past 2 years while they build their home. l wonder if they have insurance.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.