webuser_543580521

depth of upstands?

Lisa Gupwell
last year

I had a template done today for quartz worktops and the templater asked me what depth I wanted the upstands!! I had assumed they would be the same as the worktop (30mm) but he said a lot of people have 20mm. I really didn’t know what to do so I just said 30mm!! I’m now regretting it as searching online, it does seem most upstands are 20mm. Does anybody have 30mm? I feel ridiculous worrying over what is effectively 1cm but what if it looks terrible?! 😬

Comments (4)

• Kim
    last year

We have 30mm worktop with 20mm upstand. I think 30mm would look very chunky. I would give them a call first thing today and ask them if you can change it as it seems you'd be happier with the slimmer profile.

• Daisy England
    last year

You normally only have 20mm deep for upstands. 30mm is too thick.

• Jonathan
    last year

20mm - get the order changed urgently

• Lisa Gupwell
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks all….I rang first thing this morning and they said they will look into changing it…..waiting to hear back 😩

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.