webuser_372594109

Partioning living cum dining with media unit

Bets J
last year

The full room is 11"× 24.1" how to partion it in centre with media unit?

Interior decorated media unit panel
Curtain drawn

Comments (7)

• User
    last year

11"? That's less than 1'

• PRO
    The Living House
    last year

Hi Bets J, you may find our blog helpful it is about open plan spaces and we share our top tips. Here is the link if you would like to take a read - https://www.thelivinghouse.co.uk/blog-interior-design-tips/10-design-mistakes-to-avoid-with-an-open-plan-room

• PRO
    The Living House
    last year

If you would like expert help and guidance we are an affordable online interior design company. Drop us a message if you would like our help, we would love to hear more about your project.

• PRO
    Den Life Interiors
    last year

Hi there, it would be great to understand a little more. The image you have shown suggests a fire/tv on the opposite wall to the long sofa. Are you wanting to change the focus of the layout there so that it turns to a new media wall in the centre of the room? Also is that door an external door? And regularly used? Do both areas face out to the back of the house or one to front and one to back? Orientation and what way the house faces would also play a part in some of the decisions due to levels of light into the room (s).

• Bets J
    Original Author
    last year

Yes exactly i want to change the focus of the layout. With the media wall partitioning the dinning and living room. This way living room will b bit bigger. The door is the main entrance to the villa. 

The back of the media unit wanna use as crockery unit. Will this be possible?

• PRO
    Den Life Interiors
    last year

I think you will need to have a look at measuring the space and checking you have room to place the unit with enough space to walk around it on entering. Then if you plan your TV section and work out cupboards from there to make the unit. A mix of cupboard and shelving would work. Some open shelving would be great to let the light flow through too but it depends on your storage needs too! Happy to chat further if you wanted something drawn up properly - check my profile for details. Hope this helps!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.