webuser_816820543

Master Bedroom Colour Scheme Advice

J B
2 years ago

Hello,

I am hoping someone can give me some advice/inspiration regarding bedroom colour schemes as i am basically colour-blind and have no colour combination (Not literally!).

I have just purchased a property where the previous owner was in the process of refurbishing it, but didnt finish it before sale for whatever reason. Anyway, the person doing the work had opened up between the master bedroom and the adjacent small bedroom to create a walk in dressing room. The dressing room has then been kitted out with full floor to ceiling wardrobes. There is also a single shelf/drawer unit which has been installed into a recess in the main bedroom. The wardrobes have been done in a colour called pasadena pine, made by Egger. Although not my first preference, i dont think it looks too bad in the flesh and given the wardrobes are basically brand new and made bespoke, i intend to integrate them into the new bedroom.

I would like some advice regarding what colours people with think are best both for the walls and also for a new bed? My plan is for ceilings and paintwork in white (to get rid of that god awful orange stain), doors to be replaced with lightly varnished oak cottage doors.

I am thinking either very light grey (bordering on cream), or some other paler colour. Given the colour of the furniture, i think dark colours are a no-no. Carpet wise, again i was thinking maybe very light grey/onto the cream spectrum, but i am not very good with an eye for colour!

If you go on the egger website, it recommends the below colours for use alongside pasadena pine;

Does anyone have any experience of adding dark furniture into a bedroom. I want the room to look elegant. Photos attached/below.

Thank you for any advice in advance!!

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.