samanialka

hi i have a rockery and crazy paving ...old fashioned looking.

samanialka
2 years ago

now i have to decide what to do to the area where there is currently pebble stones...i want to make it more comfortable to use.

should i do more crazy paving or any ideas to have a look that is complimentary, please?

Comments (10)

• User
    2 years ago

Photos would be helpful

• samanialka
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• samanialka
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• samanialka
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• samanialka
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Old pic and i will try and get better one but 3rd o e shows the drop to pebbled area

• tamp75
    2 years ago

When you say you want it to be more comfortable to use, what purpose do you have in mind? Do you mean improving the path or installing a patio area? I can’t really see a pebbled area in the photos other than the bit to the side of the path with the small trees. The path looks like it is coming apart so I think the best think to do would be to replace that first using a style / materials you like.

• PRO
    The Rooted Concept Garden Designs
    2 years ago

Hi there,

I agree with Sarah. The crazy paving path does look like it is coming appart, and therefore I would try and replace that too. I would also make it a bit wider than it is at the moment (a bit more comfortable to walk on, especially if carrying garden tools etc.). You could use bricks to match the short wall that you have there or maybe bound gravel with an edging of bricks would also look charming. I would also line it with some planting, maybe some lavenders, cat mint or something else aromatic.
    For the gravelled area that you have at the moment, it looks like it is your seating area? If this is the case I would go for a more solid type of paving with a naturalistic look such as sandstone or yorkstone, and maybe have a brick edging as well just to connect the different spaces of the garden.
    I offer a range of online garden design services (from budget friendly sketches to full on garden plans) and would be happy to help you with this project should you need any more help.
    my website for details and portfolio is:
    www.therootedconceptgardendesign.co.uk 
    Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you are interested!

All the best,
    Deborah
    The Rooted  Concept  Garden  Design

samanialka thanked The Rooted Concept Garden Designs
  • Sonia
    2 years ago

As has already been suggested, remove the wobbly crazy paving path and replace it with sturdy sandstone. It comes in several shades and is widely available from builders merchants and garden centres.

• samanialka
    Original Author
    2 years ago

thank you!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.