jeanjeanremodelmachine

Type of gravel?

Mittens Cat
2 years ago
Curious which type of gravel this is. After hearing various pros and cons, we're currently seesawing between pea gravels and crushed rock. Your designs are always so thoughtful, so I'd love to hear what this is exactly and why it was chosen? Thanks.
San Francisco Modern garden · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Growsgreen Landscape Design
    2 years ago

I like to use angular rock as it compacts well and you won't roll an ankle. 3/4-1" is good with plenty of compacted base rock beneath it. What rock yards have varies over the months and years depending on what part of the quarry they are mining from. I would recommend getting some samples to look at in the context of your space to see what feels nice to you aesthetically. Hope this helps! b

Mittens Cat thanked Growsgreen Landscape Design
  • Mittens Cat
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Wow, thanks so much for the quick response! I have about 8-10 samples here, LOL. Eeny meeny miney moe! :)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.