tanya_draper97

Air Conditioning, anyone installed a system?

Tanya Draper
2 years ago

Here in the UK we spend more time thinking about heating and insulation, but sometimes through the summer months we have very hot spells, and for me, that means I struggle to sleep. I have been looking at portable air con units, but the general feedback is that they are big and heavy, awkward to manoeuvre, need to be close to a window for the exhaust hose and noisy. I am interested in finding out if anyone has installed an air con system in their home, how easy is it to do, what are the requirements, is it expensive to install, etc? Thank you!

Comments (6)

• PRO
    LED first choice
    2 years ago

If you are interested in a portable air con unit there's a great blog post here that could help you out. Portable air conditioners do need to be near a window but most come with a `1-2m extension hose.

• Tanya Draper
    2 years ago

We have looklooked at portable units, just not right for our bedroom in terms of size, window, etc. Looking for something similar to what you might find abroad.

• Tanya Draper
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Do you have any photo's please? Was it easy to find an installer? Thanks

• Alex Hills
    2 years ago

We got such system at home. My dad resolved the question about the price and other technical issues.

• Alex Hills
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

But I can say that an air con system made our life much more comfortable. My parents're very sensitive to cold, so now they can set the temperature that suits them well. But there was a problem one time. We even had to do an ac repair st pete. To tell the truth, I can't really imagine my life without an air con right now. I remember one summer, the weather was especially hot, and I'd probably die without cold air inside. Btw, it looks quite stylish and not too bulky.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.