webuser_829791277

Qettle or Quooker

HU-829791277
2 years ago

I've looked at the Qettle and Quooker and wondering if anyone can comment on the safety/ease of use of the Qettle. I have 3 kids and I'm concerned that the Qettle boiling water tap is part of the main tap and even though you have to push in a button and then turn that someoneigjt do that accidentally?
The Qettle is about £500 less than the Quooker!

Comments (7)

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

I have the Qettle but I have it installed as a second tap. When I swapped my worktops I’d already purchased a new standard tap so the boiling water tap was an afterthought hence the reason I have 2 taps. This could also be an option for you.

Like you one of the reasons I went for the Qettle was price in comparison to others and I’m led to believe there are around 5. Personally, paying for a Quooker wasn’t an option for me.

I am very pleased with the Qettle and have read lots of reviews online about it and all were positive.

Here is mine

• HU-829791277
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks Daisy that's really helpful.

How easy is it to operate the hot tap? Does the safety button work?

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

Because there are only the 2 of us here now and we have the separate tap we don’t put the clip on that stops anyone turning it. You have to push in the button part to enable the boiling water to escape.

I wouldn‘t like to say it’s not possible to turn it on but you do need to press relatively hard.

• Olivia James
    2 years ago

Hi. I was told that economically speaking, it is not worth installing either of these if you live on your own. Apparently the cost of generating the hot water means that I would be be wasting my money. I'm torn. Its not so much the time it takes for water to boil but the space one saves by not having a kettle. I have a pretty small kitchen! Does anyone have any knowledge of the expense of using it? Thank you, Olivia

• Ribena Drinker
    2 years ago

We have a Quooker Flex and I can't praise it enough.

No kettle cluttering up the worktop - really useful if you're tight on usable worktop space, boiling water immediately for cooking, simple and easy to use. It has made such a difference for me, I have trouble standing and moving around the kitchen, so it's so much easier for me than trying to deal with a kettle full of water. I don't know how we managed before we had it!

Additionally, it meant we only needed a cold feed to the kitchen sink - which I believe is particular to Quooker alone, all other boiling/normal taps combos we looked at , needed both hot and cold feeds. It proved invaluable in our case, because of the huge distance between the hot water tank and the final position of the kitchen sink (around 25mts).

No doubt it was the pricier of the bunch, but it's been worth every penny.

• Wumi
    2 years ago

I was contemplating installing a hot water tap for the cost and energy saving benefits but was put off by having to replace a filter every 6 months. Couldn‘t see past having to chuck more plastic in the bin!

Was weighing up switching to induction and getting a cast iron or induction stove kettle over electric.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.