webuser_350959977

Sloping garden, how should sleepers be laid to look good on the eye?

Sally Davies
3 years ago

Comments (5)

• hedgehog99
    3 years ago

Hi Sally, I think you need to explain your question a bit more, in order to get some answers. What are you trying to achieve with the sleepers? What have you considered already, etc. In the pic it's not really possible to see the slope so it would help if you explain that too.

Sally Davies thanked hedgehog99
  • Ellie
    3 years ago

I'd always prefer them to be straight, using a spirit level. However your fence hasn't been put straight, do maybe you should just go with the slope of the ground?

• mii2
    3 years ago

Top of fence line will hopefully be broken in future years with planting. Sleeper line will always be more visible as at front of planting, so horizontal level sleepers to calm the senses and get some shrubs or trees planted!

Sally Davies thanked mii2
  • Sonia
    3 years ago

Where there is a slope, then fencing and walling should be staggered, so the top of each fence panel or sleeper is straight. The fence should never be sloping. Like below.

• User
    3 years ago

I have tge same style of fencing as you Sally, and my fence follows the slope. But my sleepers were laid straight. Looks better with level paving etc.

Sally Davies thanked User
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.