jak21

ugly garden corner - planting advice?

jak21
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

we have this rather unsightly corner in our garden with a couple of non-matching fence posts (in the picture we have a potted tree there). We would appreciate some ideas on how to cover up those two fence posts a bit better. The climber on the left is a trachelospermum jasminoides and on the right a trachelospermum asiaticum that should eventually cover this area, but I assume this will take several years. We would like a quicker fix and are wondering what could be planted there. Preferably everygreen, because we see this corner from the house.

We're in London, soil is heavy clay. The area gets some morning sun but is later shaded by the surrounding trees. The planting bed is not very wide. to the left we have hydrangea paniculata bombshell and in front of them a fern,hakonechloa macra and alchemilla mollis. To the right we have libertia grandiflora.

We were thinking maybe a fast growing clematis. How about a clematis armandii? Some spring color would be great in this area. Ideally I would have liked a tree there, but that is probably a bit tricky due to the narrow space and the close proximity of the neighboring holly tree right by the fence.

Any suggestions very welcome! Thanks

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.