dc123ify

Hiding cables and equipment placement.

dc123ify
3 years ago

Please see the attached picture. We're not sure whether to place a shelf above or below the TV to rest the supportive TV equipment (Cable box, modem, Sound bar).

1) Is there a chance that our 2 year old could interfere with the shelf if it's below the TV?

2) Should the shelf be directly above, so that cables can be hidden, or is there another way?

3) What type of shelf would be appropriate? i.e. A black Ikea floating shelf or a different colour/ brand? https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/cat/wall-shelves-10398/

4) Is there an attractive way of covering/ hiding the plugs below the TV? i.e. Box, fake fireplace etc

Any tips/ feedback will be much appreciated.

Comments (2)

• Ellie
    3 years ago

A long low console and have all your equipment inside it, and it'll hide the plugs. Definitely think it would be weird above

• rookie1986
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Have you considered a floating wall unit?

Or something that has an upper section built in so the cables are behind it:-

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.