webuser_563696

Diagonal cracks forming at corners of door

Zoe
3 years ago

I've recently had some pocket doors put in the wall between my living room and and rear reception room but some diagonal cracks are forming at both corners. I'm thinking its just the plaster drying but because of their location I wanted to check.

The builders said that the wall was a stud wall and that upstairs was supported by a horizontal wooden beam running from one party wall to the other party wall (red line on attached photo). When they took the plaster off there was a vertical post, however, they said that it wasn't supporting the beam at all and it was just an old stud (you can see it in the photo). They cut the post and built a frame around the pocket doors. Has anyone else had something similar? Is it something to worry about? The flat is on the ground floor of a victorian terrace.

Comment

Ireland
    Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.