janebakerphysio

Help - chartered surveyor for license to alter

J B
3 years ago

I own my ground floor flat ( leaseholder and share of freehold). Upstairs flat is leasehold and share of freehold. I have planing permission for single storey side return. Party wall agreements for all 3 neighbours - left, right and upstairs. We have a chartered surveyor ( acting for joint freeholders, but chosen by the other freeholder as he is the party wall surveyor for him as well and I thought it would be more straightforward if he did everything....)) who is seemingly creating delays, obstruction and significant excessive requests for information. I need help as I am doing this project ( seemingly simple) without a project manager - I have builder structural engineer and architect), but overtime we submit drawings etc he has additional requests. I just need to sit down with someone who is experienced for advise as it has been 5 months of stress and frustration. Thanks so much.

Comments (2)

• Rowland
    3 years ago

hi,

not sure on your profession and whether you think someone without the right traing should attempt to do your job, but this is what you are attempting to do. my suggestion is to hire a professional and pay them to do the work you clearly don't know how to do. this is capitalism and also why people spend many years and lots of money being trained to do. would you attempt your own heart Surgery? probably not, or fix and service your car?? then why take the most expensive asset you own and try to do it on the cheap. pay the professionals and get it done correctly!

• J B
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks Rowland. I completely agree and that’s what I am asking - which professional do I hire? . I have called both solicitors and chartered surveyors neither of whom can give me a step by step clear process as to what next steps need to be taken in this particular situation - that’s why I asked the question here and am asking which profession could do this?So if you have
    A suggestion I’d appreciate it. I am willing and now planning to pay for a solicitor and chartered surveyor as leaseholder on top of the joint solicitor and chartered surveyor despite every CS and solicitor I spoke to at the beginning who told me it wasn’t necessary and could be done exactly as I tried to do it but is that the right route??

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.