anthony_murray14

Honeywell Galaxy 2 Alarm system

Anthony Murray
3 years ago

Hi all,
Just moved into a new home. We have a Honeywell Galaxy 2 alarm system and the old owner left us the code for it.
For a few reasons we'd like to change the code. I've worked out how to add a new user so have done this. There's 22 user accounts and I've been through them all ensuring there are no other active codes other than ours.
I can activate the alarm with our code HOWEVER I can still activate it using the old code too.
Any ideas why? I am 100% sure I've been through each account deleting any active PIN numbers.
Thanks!

Comments (8)

• sarh123
    3 years ago

Could it be the master/engineer code which isn’t set on the normal menus?

• Anthony Murray
    Original Author
    3 years ago

That would make sense! Do you know if I'm able to change that? Just feels a bit strange if the old owner could walk in and unset the alarm.

• sarh123
    3 years ago

Is there a maintenance contract? Perhaps they could sort it out during the service visit.

• Daisy England
    3 years ago

We have a maintenance contract on ours and just have a fob which we place over the alarm box in the correct area that disables and enables the alarm. Much more convenient.

• Anthony Murray
    Original Author
    3 years ago

There's no maintenance contract unfortunately. We have the fobs too which could be handy to use but I've also got 3 other fobs on my keys that are for different things 🙈 going to need a fob keyring and a key keyring soon!

• sarh123
    3 years ago

Our installer suggested not using fobs - if someone has your bunch of keys/fob, then they can deactivate the alarm as easily as opening the front door.

• Daisy England
    3 years ago

We opted for fobs because of convenience. If we’re not wearing glasses we can’t even see the numbers on the pad 😬. We have more than one property which has an alarm using the same fob.

• sarh123
    3 years ago

We just use the same code in our holiday home. I know most people do use fobs now and think they’re great, it’s a matter of being aware of the risk.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.