webuser_46690925

Basement conversion help_advice

Graeme Bewick
3 years ago

Hi all. I'll try and set the scene best i can.
I currently live in a semi detached villa which has a basement that covers the full lower level footprint with approx 6ft stand space. The house is raised and we need to step down from the house down to the patio and again step down to the garden from the patio. My wife and I are looking to find out if it would be possible to excavate the current garden to basement level and create a garden room under the current kitchen which would lead out directly out at garden level. I understand there would be an extensive amount of work required but we are keen explore our options. We have been looking on line but its pretty confusing who to contact first? Would it be structural engineer to find out if it is even possible, would it be an architect, builder, Estate agent? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Graeme

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Kingfisher Designs
    3 years ago

It sound possible but picture would help, are you thinking of excavating inside the basement or just lowering the garden outside to be level?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.