outdated hallway

Leona Clarke
3 years ago

Help.. can I paint over these panels?? The hallway is very dark

Comments (8)

• E D
    3 years ago

You certainly can. 🙂

In the right colour combo it will look rather nice!

For best results, use the material appropriate paints.

• Jonathan
    3 years ago

If you have a modest budget then paint them. Use a really great primer like Zinster for better results.

If you are feeling more flush and up for the work consider removing them, repair any damage and replace skirting boards too- it will look bigger and better

• Patrina
    3 years ago

Agree with both E D and Jonathan's suggestions all dependent on budget and how much work you are willing to do. If budget is an issue I'd paint it a lighter colour and also consider painting the interior of your door a lighter colour as well.

• Sam Potter
    3 years ago

Big mirrors will make the space lighter and look bigger.

• Sonia
    3 years ago

Painting the cladding will certainly brighten it up. Make sure you sand and apply 2 coats of primer, then 2 coats of eggshell or Satinwood, depending on paint brand. I think a nice taupe shade would look lovely. This is Purbeck Stone by Farrow & Ball.

• Sonia
    3 years ago

Much brighter. Well done!

• Patrina
    3 years ago

Wow! looks so much brighter what a difference painting it lighter made.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.