Trying to source particular staircase design

Alice G

Hi Everyone...I am really hoping you can help!

I am currently renovating a property where the staircase will be completely moving location. The old staircase is 70s and practically falling apart so I am not hopeful it will survive being moved and therefore have made the decision to buy a new one.

In looking for a new one I fell down a Pinterest rabbit hole and found these gorgeous wooden stairs with a metal handrail, which I absolutely love. I am really struggling to source this exact look and hope that someone can help me or advise the best way to achieve the same result.

I am not precious on materials used, as long as the end look is the same and I would like to be as efficient as possible with cost (in order to get this signed off by the OH). I am happy to source materials myself but was hoping this could all be done by the same company.

Has anyone managed to create something similar or have any advice of how to achieve this without it costing an arm and a leg?!

Thanks in advance!!

• Rowland

hi

the design of the handrail will cost as it will require a flat bar to be fixed with the same pitch as the stairs. if you have a straight run stairs it will be easier to achieve.

if you split the work into the timber joinery being provided by a joinery company for the new treads and then get an architectural metal worker to make the handrail you can reduce costs and avoid a markup from the stair supplier.

the design is pretty easy to achieve though!

best

Rowland

• Alice G
    28 days ago

Thank you so much for coming back to me and for your advice! I am still on the hunt but have taken your comments on board and hoping to have my dream staircase soon!

Thanks!