lisa_conibear

Retail shop design consultant?

Lisa C

Hey everyone ! I run a startup in London and we are opening our first retail shop. We don't have a big budget and I am looking for a consultant to help me design the space. Does anyone know where I could find someone (affordable) to help me? I have not seen any on Houzz so far.

• Jonathan

It sound like you might need a shop fitting company- basically specialist joiners. Their website will give you ideas of past projects.

Alternatively an interior designer could help.

Or if the budget is really tight consider a mixture of auction finds, a local carpenter and paint to produce a cohesive scheme.

What are you selling?

• Lisa C
    last modified: last month

Thanks Jonathan! I will have a google for that. I really would like someone to help me design the layout of the space. We have four different areas that we need in the shop (mechanic, electric bike sales, customer area and a bit of desk space at the back. We are an electric bike company (similar to Van Moof). The shop would be a mix of high quality retail, customer induction area, a place to fix the bikes and a place where I can work in the back.

• Rowland

hi Lisa,

congratulations on taking the plunge to open a retail premises. I have a significant amount of retail design, Project Management and cost control experience. I had luxury retail design business business for 10 years that I recently closed due to the downturn in business. I have over 450 international stores worth of experience .

if you have any questions I can help and if you need further design help again I can do this, although I am not currently listed on this site as a Pro.

best

Rowland

• Lisa C

Hi Rowland - do you have a portfolio or website that you could share? thanks. !Sorry to hear about your business, its so tough right now !

• Rowland

lisa

I have reached out to you via biz links!!

• Lisa C

Rowland - apologies I am not sure what you mean but I have not received any message yet.

• Rowland

Hi Lisa,

here are some photos i have to hand, but would need to email a portfolio covering range.

• Rowland

Berkeley sq project

• Rowland

retail store Cheonddamdong, Seoul SK

• Rowland

last image