frickshop

Design home office/guest room in odd shaped room

Steph
3 years ago

Please help me with ideas for furniture arrangement for this room. We are completely gutting it and starting from scratch. Removing sink and ancient built in cupboard in corners and bookshelf next to door. Fireplace is on a party wall (semi-detached) so will stay so i have alcoves left and right. Adding internal wall insulation to the wall with the window so loosing a few centimetres there. Might also move the radiator to under the window or replace with a vertical one (I know I will need to pay for new pipes etc).
We need: one or two spacious desks, a sofa bed, a TV (which could be a computer monitor), a tall cupboard for guest's stuff (next to door might be the best space for this). But where should the desks and sofa go?
I would love a long formica desk like this one along the window wall (to reduce screen glare) with shelving left and right but not sure it works with the alcoves.
https://www.houzz.co.uk/photos/southpaw-industrial-home-office-and-library-seattle-phvw-vp~15928419
Really looking forward to your brilliant ideas to stop me having sleepless nights.

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.