webuser_837393

Basketweave Shower Niche

Ne Mo
4 years ago
Hi. I don't really have a question. I just wanted you to know that I have made an exhaustive search of the internet and this is the most beautiful bathroom I have found. Thank you for inspiring me. Since I am supposed to ask a question, here it is: is the basket weave pattern also travertine or is it an alternative, such as porcelain.

Nemo
Small Bathroom remodel · More Info

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Walls too Windows, Interior Design
    4 years ago

Thank you for your kind words, it was a fun project. In answer to your question, yes the basket weave on the shower floor and niche was also travertine. Stay safe.

• C and N Olson
    4 years ago

I really like this recessed medicine cabinet. It appears to open from the middle? Can you tell me what the brand is? The "similar" items tab on the Houzz site shows a lot of mirrors. I need to have the function of a cabinet (small space needs all the storage we can possibly fit in.) THANKS!

• PRO
    4 years ago

I think you are referring to the lighted mirror above the sink. If so, it is not a recessed medicine cabinet, but rather a lighted vanity mirror. They do however make recessed medicine cabinets. I would check on line or visit a higher end storefront in your area. In our area that would be Chown Hardware. Hope this helps.

• C and N Olson
    4 years ago

Thank you. As I could not get a close up, the vertical line I was seeing must have been the reflection of the edge of the shower door which gave the effect of a med. cabinet that opened in the middle. Thank you for responding!

• dginestro
    2 years ago

Hello! Looking for ways to increase storage in a rental and saw the cabinet next to the shower combo. Could you pls share the dimensions of the shower? We’d love to replace our jetted tub with this shower/cabinet idea. Thank you!

• PRO
    2 years ago

Hello, thank you for your inquiring. That project was done a few years ago, so the exact measurements are not at my fingertips. I can say the shower was not any larger than the standard 3 x 5. Space was at a premium in this remodel. The cabinet next to the shower was designed with vertical pullouts to maximize the ability to access the items stored in the cabinet. It was custom made to the measurements that we had available. You should be able to customize the cabinet you need to your measurements. Vertical pull outs work so well, but as we see in everything these days, inflation has affected them as well. Any time you can do away with a jetted tub, is a plus. Hope this helps.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.