jenny_phillips49

Can UFH pipes be repaired?

Jenny Phillips

We have a leak in our new UFH (less than a year old) probably due to a nail thru the ply. We haven't found the exact location but have ruled out any other cause eg boiler. Our builder assures us that the pipe can be repaired but I am concerned that this won't be a lasting solution. Looking for expert advice. thanks.

Comment (1)

Architects Scotland Ltd.

This does very occasionally happen occationally and why we insist that once underfloor heating is down the contractor only uses bonding above. However can usually be repaired once the location of the leak has been found. (this can be the difficult part). Most manufacturers of underfloor heating systems will have recommendations in terms of repairs and check with them over effects on any guarantee. If the location and / or floor build up is suitable it may be worth considering providing a small access point at any resulting joint so you can check on it in future if you have doubts.