benedict_henry

Hearth hearthache

Benedict Henry

Our lovely slate hearth was installed earlier this year and as the photos show it's now cracked. I'm hoping that those who know about these things might be able to help us. Can the crack be repaired or disguised so that it is safe and doesn’t look so obvious? If the hearth does need to be replaced how would you advise we do this or who would you advise does this please? Thanks all.

• obobble

A qualified fireplace installation professional should be able to advise you. Is it a real fire or gas fire? I know a HETAS one in Nottingham if it’s a real fire and you’re nearby.

Benedict Henry thanked obobble
  • obobble

pS I can’t see the photos hence the question.

Benedict Henry thanked obobble
  • Benedict Henry

Hmmm, I've been trying to upload the photos and haven't been able to. Thanks for the advice anyway obobble!