wl46vszbiiris1ppio

Acoustic tiles/rugs for soundproofing?

Ellyria
4 years ago

Hi guys, our neighbour likes to have his TV & radio on really loud sometimes and we can hear muffled noises coming across which is quite annoying. We've got all the furniture put in and we are not looking to rennovate any time soon, so putting in a complete soundproofing wall is out -- I saw people recommending acoustic tiles and hang rugs on walls, and I was wondering whether anyone has experience of this? Does it still work, if you don't hang and cover the whole wall?

Comment (1)

• PRO
    OWLarchitecture.com
    4 years ago

Hi, Stopping unwanted sound is a science and and art as it involves physics, psychology and practical applications. The most effective solution is to buy you neighbour headphones and hope that they use them. Following on from that anything that isolates your environment form the source will assist. Normally increasing the mass between you and the source is successful. Some of the treatments you have suggested may not be scientific but could be successful on the psychological level. Anything is worth trying. But best of all "not listening" for the noise works best...

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.