stonehamkitchens

Classic handles? Or a minimalistic handleless alternative?

Many have grown accustomed to classic details, such as brass, steel or oak handles. However, in recent years, the introduction of handleless collections has provided a contemporary twist to interior design - leaning towards a minimalistic perspective.

The sleek finish of handleless kitchen cabinets is desirable for many and as designers continue to incorporate them into their designs, they've continued to grow in popularity. Yet, classic handles when chosen well, can provide strong focal points in the kitchen.

So, let's put the question to you:

Classic steel handles?
Smooth handleless alternative?

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Stone Worktops
    4 years ago

I have voted for classic handles because fundamentally, look should follow function, and the one thing that the handle provides is an affordance of sorts. Sleek and minimalist is all very good, until you need to open an invisible (perfectly flush) door that doesn't have any indication of how it should be done... Having said that, is is possible to design a minimalist alternative so the way to open things is either fairly obvious or at least easy to work out, and if the house doesn't get too many guests or people working in it, the family members will usually learn things fairly quickly.

• PRO
    Expand & Build Ltd
    4 years ago

Smooth handleless cabinets look great in modern kitchens. However, cabinets with handles are a lot more practical and in today's day and age, you can pretty much buy any type/style of cabinet handles you like! From classy to downright funky!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.