blade40

Bathroom vanity - an impossible task!

Michelle Werry
4 years ago

Hi

I’m trying to find a vanity unit for my bathroom based on the designs below ie lots of drawers, sink flush to top, but also with a shelf at the bottom so I can add towels underneath. Naively I didn’t think this would be much of a problem, but it appears that in UK bathroom showrooms it is! Despite visits to numerous bathroom shops in the SW of England, I can’t seem to find anything like this, they all just stick to the same design of either wall hung vanity units or ones which just have cupboard space underneath but no drawers. So frustrating!!

US and Australian homeware stores seem so much more varied than what we have in theUK (something I notice time and time again when I scouring Houzz and Pinterest for inspiration) . Sigh.

If anyone can help me with my dilemma I’d be v happy! Thanks.

Comments (17)

• PRO
    The Arch KBB
    4 years ago

Hello. In UK this is mostly made to measure unit. Can you please give me the dimensions of the vanity unit you require and I will see if I can find something similar to this.

If you wish you can contact me directly on my e-mail m.n@archkbb.co.uk.

Enjoy the day.

• Tani H-S
    4 years ago

Hi!
    You can try this company if it’s in budget as they do pretty much what you are looking for. Not sure if they do customer sizes etc but worth asking?
    https://m.tikamoon.co.uk/cat-vanity-cabinets-329.htm

• PRO
    Adams+Collingwood Architects
    4 years ago

Tani H-S love that website, thanks for the share!

• minipie
    4 years ago

We just got one like this - the Dorchester from Lusso Stone. Agree there is very little of this style out there unless you go bespoke, which is why we stuck with the Lusso one even though delivery was very delayed.

If you want a cheaper option Harvey George might have something that suits. Tikamoon also have nice options but depends if you like their look.

• Michelle Werry
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks for the replies so far. I actually commented on a Houzz picture separately that featured a vanity unit similar to this and someone came back to recommend this company as an option https://www.parkerhowleynco.co.uk/bathroom/ and I’m going to see their warehouse next week.

Tikamoon does look fab though Tani H-S. I might bear them in mind for some other house items!!

• Daisy England
    4 years ago

Lots of Joinery companies would be able to make that for you.

• Sarah U-S
    4 years ago

It was me who mentioned Parker Howley - I had found them whilst looking for my own bathroom. I ended up getting a traditional cupboard in the end, so didn’t go with them.
    I’d really love to know how you get on though!!! Where’s their warehouse?

• Michelle Werry
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hi Sarah U-S. They are based in Mirfield which is north of Huddersfield, SW of Leeds. I’ll let you know how I get on. Excited to see the options in real life!

• minipie
    4 years ago

Parker Howley looks great- quite similar to Harvey George.

one caveat, they seem to do shallow drawers mostly - shallow drawers aren’t ideal if you want to fit bottles in them. But they may be able to tweak a design for you.

• Michelle Werry
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks minipie. That was a consideration so I’m planning to take some bathroom paraphernalia with me to check what fits :-)

I’ve just checked out Harvey George and thankfully they aren’t too far away from Parker Howley, so we’re going to see both of them on the same day and do a comparison.

• mare9772
    4 years ago

Try Dansani Zaro

• PRO
    Johnson Bespoke Ltd
    4 years ago

Hi, we are furniture makers and can make bathroom cupboards and vanity units to any size/specification required. Here's a photo of a solid Oak vanity unit we made recently, just as an example of the craftsmanship as it's not the design that you are looking for, but we can put together a design to suit your specific needs and budget etc.

Vanity unit · More Info

• Emmanuelle
    4 years ago

@Johnson bespoke... I love the cabinet ! Can you give an idea of the price please?

• PRO
    Johnson Bespoke Ltd
    4 years ago

That particular floating solid Oak cabinet was around £800 if I recall correctly

• PRO
    Sara Levy Designs
    4 years ago

Dear blade40, we can build any kind of unit for you, this is our specialty. Tikamoon does similar if you don't need it made to a specific size.

• clarekelly2002
    4 years ago

Can anyone help me get this in the republic of Ireland. willing to travel to northern ireland. Based in dublin. Thanks.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.