christinalinger

Kohler Prolific UK

C E
4 years ago

Hi! Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get hold of the Kohler Prolific 44" sink in the UK. I've spent so long researching various sinks and read loads of discussions and having finally made my decision, it seems that it's only available in the US! I'm so disappointed.

I've contacted Kohler US and Kohler UK and neither were any help other than to point me to a single UK distributer who can get it for me but at double the price £££££££££

Does anyone have any suggestions? I simply can't afford it at that price. I'd be very grateful.

Comments (16)

• Sonia
    4 years ago

So frustrating isn’t it? The internet is wonderful but not when it shows you something you can’t have! I was researching trees for my garden and all the ones I short-listed were in the US! Hope you find something similar soon.

C E thanked Sonia
  • C E
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank Sonia - I hope you find some nice trees too : )

• Daisy England
    4 years ago

Does it have to be an undermount? There are lots of similar ones online but not all undermounted. Tap Warehouse, Wayfair, Victorian Plumbing all stock similar ones.

• C E
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hi Daisy, thanks for that. I'd definitely prefer an undermount, although it's not a complete deal breaker. The main problem is that I really want a large size (90cm minimum) and love the functionality of the three different levels that the Prolific has. It means I can leave things to drain in the sink, leaving counter top clear and still be able to use it as a sink and prep area. I haven't found anything else quite as good. Kohler do an alternative model called the Stages, which is my second choice......but still crazily expensive and a bit more restrictive.

I almost wish I had never seen this particular sink, I would have been happy with the alternative..............the curse of too much research!! : ))

• Cherub Pebble
    4 years ago

They do look good!

C E thanked Cherub Pebble
  • C E
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Sorry Cherub, I've probably made you want one now! ; )

Yes, I've been debating whether I could be happy with the smaller one, I mean it's still huge and half the cost..............but I might regret it and then that would be a waste of £1k

• HU-226409412
    2 years ago

C E, can I ask what sink you landed on/were you happy with it? Also in the UK and looking for something similar! :)

• HU-226409412
    2 years ago

Thank you so much CE! That's really useful. I hadn't come across that Blanco model, so now I am intrigued! Thank you for your pre-installation review, it actually looks really good. Can I ask what supplier you used for it in the UK?

• C E
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I got it through Inderkitchen. Nope, I’d never heard of them either! Customer service was very good and although the sink took a while to arrive (it was sent direct from Blanco) they were very responsive and helpful.

I bought the top bars from Amazon though as they were cheaper!

• HU-226409412
    2 years ago

Thank you C E! So helpful

• C E
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Just thought I’d give an update in case anyone is still interested. The sink has turned out to be my favourite thing in the kitchen. It is a beast! Handles everything with no staining or scratching (yet……….has been in use for 4 months). It holds so many dirty dishes that clean up after a party is easy, everything in the sink and out of the way until I can pop it in the dishwasher. Prep is a breeze, chopping board over the sink and all detritus swept straight into the disposal. I use the mid level drainer all the time. In fact, it stays in the sink permanently unless I need to give the sink a thorough clean. I do use it more than the top bars, although they still get used quite regularly. It has had every type of staining ingredient left in it over night and it cleans up perfectly, not a mark. The colour is gorgeous, I got alumetallic, which blends with dark hob and ovens, but also with stainless tap and trims. So glad I chose it!

• HU-226409412
    2 years ago

@C E thanks for updating! I actually need to place order for a sink in the next week or so. I was considering the Korvo sink from Amazon - it's well priced https://www.amazon.co.uk/KORVO-Workstation-Kitchen-Handmade-Stainless/dp/B08C7DQ61S/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=workstation%2Bsink&qid=1638378407&sr=8-12&th=1 I also like the fact that it has a kind of ledge for the drainer/board etc to sit onto

But you have me thinking about the Blanco again! It's a little wider, which is defo a nice plus. And the colours look nice. But do the accessories for the Blanco sit on the actual worktop, rather than the sink? I don't think there's anything bad about this, but just wondered if it could over time wear on the worktop material around the sink.

• C E
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The Korvo sink looks good. And definitely the kind of thing I was originally looking for.

As for the Blanco, yes, the chopping board does sit on the counter top, but it retrospect, I like it that way. I bought two very inexpensive chopping boards from everyone’s favourite Swedish retailer and they fit perfectly over the sink gap. I’m not worried about using them and getting them grotty because they’re easily replaceable. Also, when chopping, I don’t need to worry about clipping the edges of the worktop as they’re protected underneath the board. The worktop is quartz so a wooden chopping board is unlikely to cause any wear or damage……I hope!

I’ll add some photos to help you visualise…..but in all truth I think you’ll end up being happy with whatever you go for. I spent sooooo long looking for something perfect, had to compromise and fortunately I love it. But that’s not to say I wouldn’t have equally loved an alternative!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.