beckyboo2909

What is a good amatuer 3d software??

Becky
4 years ago

Hello

I am planning my rear extenstion and I have architect plans and planning permission all in place. What I need help with is working out the interior space. I am using tracing paper to draw out potential plans for the kitchen and where to put what but it would be really useful to see this in 3d from different angles.

So, do any of you fellow Houzzers use any software that is relatively easy to use and doesn't cost a fortune??

Comments (11)

• Daisy England
    4 years ago

I use Opus when kitchen planning. I’m sure there are options on it for other rooms (it’s just that I dont use anything but the kitchen planner).

Becky thanked Daisy England
  • Dora Matthews
    4 years ago

Try Roomstyler, lots of inspiration from other users too.

Becky thanked Dora Matthews
  • Gabby Wong
    4 years ago

Home by me there is a free option as well as a paid one.

Relatively simple to use, can copy a floor plan you already have..In theory there’s an option for a “realistic 3D” view as well. But I’ve never found it, not sure if that’s paid only

Becky thanked Gabby Wong
  • Becky
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you Daisy, Dora and Gabby! will have fun trying these out!!

• minipie
    4 years ago

Do any of these work on a iPad please? Lots seem to be desktop only.

• Maths Wife
    4 years ago

I use floorplanner.com i believe there's an apple app for that.

• User
    4 years ago

Try Sketch Up. There's a free version. You start with Pro but after 30 days you lose a few functions but I doubt you'll miss them even if you actually use them for what you're planning.

• minipie
    4 years ago

thanks

• Nick Tompson
    2 years ago

Hi

• cavgirl
    2 years ago

Room Arranger works on the iPad (very well too) and the desktop. You can play with it for free, but if you want to save you designs to a file as opposed to screenshotting them, you need to pay. I’ve used it for my kitchen, my parents’ kitchen, my bedroom, and for the bathroom. I’ve found it reliable and the 3D function really allowed to to get an idea of the real world space—that allowed me to see, for example, that I had more space in the kitchen than it seemed based on 2D.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.