kimberly812

ADVICE NEEDED! Kitchen Island Pendant Lighting Dilemma

Kimberly
5 years ago

We are just finishing up our new kitchen install. Originally, our island was set to be 98" long (that includes 1" granite overhang on each side). However, last evening when we saw the cabinets comprising the island (before they were installed) - felt that it was overwhelming for the space and decided to have the installer not include one of the 30" cabinets, thus reducing our overall island size to 68". We have 8' ceilings.

I had already purchased our kitchen pendant lights (2 of them - shown below) months ago. Dimensions are 12" square and 18" long and I REALLY wanted the look of 2 lights! I would like others' opinions on using the 2 lights rather than just one (which is where my husband is leaning). I did some figuring and if I had them installed 12" in on each side of the island, I could space them 20" apart.

Thoughts on 2 vs. 1 or abandoning these lights (which I absolutely love) - for something altogether different?

Thanks!

Comments (11)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.