webuser_4511777

Velux window positioning for rear extension

Chaala US
5 years ago

hi all, i need some advice for positioning the velux windows for our rear extension.
it is a 2.30m out extension.
we ordered 2 velux 94x98 and not sure the position that my builders put them is good as i think having them lower on the roof would let more light come in to the old space.
we are keeping the current openings, so it is not a huge open space extension.

any ideas would be great!

thanks

Comments (3)

• mattweeksdj
    5 years ago
    Are you having 2 on either side or 2 in total? If just 2 in total then I would be more inclined to put one on each side of the wall.
  • Chaala US
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    we will have 2 on each side. so they centered it horizontally according to the walls on each side.
    but i am not quite sure about the vertical alignment. they put them centered too.
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    5 years ago
    The amount of light they bring into the existing part of the house will also depend on how much of the wall above the opening remains - ie how high your ceilings are in the existing house and if you have a joist/beam running below this height or concealed within it.
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.